Just a note from me for first timers in baking BEBINCA:-
- Ingredients in making a BEBINCA are the same for a BEBINCA recipe. Unlike other desserts, BEBINCA is one dessert that you MAY not get it perfect ( as in the taste will be good but layers may not be perfect) in the first trial itself .
- Baking bebinca requires patience and practice and also depends on oven types .
- As and when you make it you will get a hang of it (timing and your oven temperatures ) and get the perfect layers .
- Add more caramel (I have used more caramel ) to get darker shades for alternate layers.
- It took me about 11 trials in these 1.5-2 years (as and when I had time to work on it ) to get it to perfect layers.
- One may get it perfect in the first trial itself!
- But if you don’t get perfect layers in the first trial , then don’t give up as practice makes one perfect !
- As mentioned in the recipe , caramel is optional , you can skip it if you wish to.
- Make sure you set your timer while baking each and every layer!